Sisseton Wahpeton Oyate Job Opening, "CHR Generalist"
Last updated 5/3/2021 at 6:24pm
Closing Date: May 7th, 2021 @ 12:00PM (Noon)
The CHR will encourage better health by assisting American Indian Families on the Lake Traverse Reservation to develop and practice sound personal health habits and to access available community human service resources.
The CHR Generalist shall be supervised by the CHR Program Manager and shall be subject to the internal control policies and procedures of that component. CHR' s will be required to keep complete monthly progress reports, i.e., (GSA/Tribal Vehicle Travel Logs, Medicaid reimbursement forms and completed/signed CHR PCC forms.)
1. Referral Liaisons
2. The CHR will accept referrals from other agencies, health professionals and other CHR/MCH staff, through the CHR Program Manager, and provide appropriate collateral services including transportation to medical appointments according to their schedules and the CHR service area.
3. The CHR will act as an advocate for the elderly patients at IHS, CDP, and other clinics and local hospitals, as well as other resource agencies.
4. The CHR will provide home visit to the Native American Population in the Lake Traverse Reservation to assess their blood pressure, as well as other individual information.
5. The CHR will report to the CHR Program Manager any suspected cases of nutritional anemia, Lack of self-concern, or inappropriate/inadequate self-care.
6. Assist the elderly in the use of their glucometers, grocery shopping and delivery of their medication.
1. Must be 21 years of age
2. Must consent to and pass a criminal background check and character investigation pursuant to P.L. 101-630, The Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act (no Convictions for a sex offense or crime against a child or other person)." H.R. form #401
3. Must physically be able to perform duties as described, with ability to lift 50# and have the annual physical form, H.R. Form #304 signed by a physician
4. Must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D. certificate
5. Must possess a valid state and tribal driver's License, own an automobile and provide evidence of liability insurance.
6. Must respect confidential information by signing an agreement to maintain confidentiality and acknowledge possibility of termination, should a breach occur. Must adhere to HIPPA and Privacy Act Laws. Must sign confidentiality H.R. Form #306
7. Must possess personal form of communication.
8. Must be able to work with and have sensitivity for Native American People.
9. Must be willing, able to attend and successfully complete the CHR Basic Training and Refresher Courses as required.
10. Must be alcohol and drug free and must be willing to submit to random alcohol and drug testing. Must sign a sobriety contract. Applicant's personal and public image will be considered.
11. Tribal and Native American preference in hiring shall be observed.
12. Must be willing to assume other duties assigned by the CHR Program Manager.
13. All other duties as assigned.