SWC Job Opening
Last updated 5/3/2021 at 6:15pm
Cashier/Cook (2 positions open. Flexible hours between 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.) Position Open Until Filled.
Summary: This position is responsible for waiting on customers, operating the till, and assisting in the preparation of daily specials and menu items.
1. Assist customers with purchases.
2. Answer phones, respond to inquiries and/or direct as appropriate.
3. Prepare displays of merchandise.
4. Assist with physical inventories and stocking as needed.
5. Perform routine closing procedure – counting cash drawer, shutting down computer system and cash registers.
6. Opens or closes the café with detailed procedures.
7. Assists in the preparation of daily specials as needed.
8. Grill cook as needed.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: GED/High School Diploma
Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
Ability to handle money responsibly.
Ability to follow directions, read or copy information correctly.
Ability to perform basic mathematic calculations.
Excellent customer service and communication skills.
A working knowledge of the procedures and practices used in registering and handling cash receipts.
Familiarity with the inventory process.
Knowledge of proper lifting techniques.
Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
Displays high standards of ethical conduct. Exhibits honesty and integrity.
SWC Application & Cover Letter are available on our website located at https://www.swcollege.edu/index.php/records-policy-reports-forms/admin-hr.
Or on campus from our Human Resource Officer:
Ramona Bear Hill
Office Hours: 8:00 am- 4:30 pm Monday thru Friday
Phone: (605) 698-3966 Extension 1118
Fax: (605) 742-0394