Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate Tribal Education Department Request for Proposals
Last updated 8/30/2021 at 7:59pm
Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate Tribal Education Department
Request for Proposals
The Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate Education Administration Program, under the Tribal Education Department, is seeking a consultant to train the trainer in the process of star quilt making. Trainer will serve as the expertise in trainer SWO TED and TVR employees in traditional instruction on star quilt making. This will be sessions to "train the trainer" and will be held within six (6) weeks of order for supplies being submitted.
Potential applicants interested in performing the services described should submit proposals to the attention of SWO Education Administration Program – Star quilt to: Lenny Bernard Peters, Procurement Manager, Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate of the Lake Traverse Reservation, P.O. Box 509, Agency Village, South Dakota 57262. To be considered, the proposal must be received no later than September 10, 2021 at 4:00 pm via email to [email protected]
The Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate of the Lake Traverse Reservation is a sovereign and federally recognized Indian Tribe. All proposals must include recognition that contractual agreements and work shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws and courts of the Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate. Irrespective of any language to the contrary in the RFP, subsequent agreements or elsewhere, no right to arbitration of any controversy or claim arising out of or related to the Agreement will be authorized.
A Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate Business License will be required before execution of the contract.
Scope of Work
The star quilt consultant will instruct no more than 10 staff the process of traditional star quilt making. Adhering to COVID restrictions, this class has the possibility of being WebEx vs. in person.
1. Present the history of the star quilt making and significance to the Dakota people.
2. Create a syllabus that outlines the class and time required to complete the star quilt.
3. Create a list of supplies and tools that are required and submit six (6) weeks prior to class.
4. Conduct six classes that will produce staff who are confident in teaching the star quilt making to different groups of SWO members.
a. Complete written report which includes evaluation of the class and photos to the Director of the Tribal Education Department
1. Must be able to work independently and be able to complete projects and tasks per deadline.
2. Must possess excellent communication skills
3. Must possess excellent organizational skills.
4. Must have knowledge of Star quilt making and provide pictures of examples
Applicants must submit the following as a part of their proposal:
1. Proposal outlining experience and expertise.
2. Detailed Scope of Work plan according to tasks.
3. Itemized budget needed to perform the scope of work, including all fees and reimbursable expenses (such as supplies, travel, and overhead). Payment schedule that is based on completion of deliverables delineated in the work plan.
1. Abide by the laws, policies and courts of the Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate of the Lake Traverse Reservation shall govern proposal, contracts and work.
2. Copy of SWO Business License, if proposal is approved.
3. Two signed references that highlight the applicant's ability to perform the scope of work.
4. Documentation for Indian Preference, if applicable.
5. Completed W-9 Form, if proposal is chosen.
All interested parties acknowledge that any Agreement executed and performed within the Tribe's exclusive jurisdiction is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tribal Court of Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate of the Lake Traverse Reservation. All interested parties acknowledge that they must comply with the Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate Ordinances: TERO Chapter 59 Requirements, Wage Rates & Compliance Plan; Business License Ordinance Chapter 53 and Tax Ordinance Chapter 67; and Chapter 75 Sex Offender Registration