Sisseton- Wahpeton Oyate Head Start & Early Head Start Request for Proposals
Last updated 10/11/2021 at 9:46pm
The Sisseton- Wahpeton Oyate Head Start & EHS is seeking a person or company to provide Dakota Language training session. This project will begin September 2021 and will not be extended beyond May 30, 2022.
Potential applicants interested in performing the services described below should submit proposals to the attention of “SWO Head Start Dakota Language”, Lennie Peters, Procurement Office, Sisseton Wahpeton Oyate of the Lake Traverse Reservation, P.O. Box 509, Agency Village, South Dakota 57262. To be considered, the proposal must be received no later than October 15, 2021 at 4:00pm.
The Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate of the Lake Traverse Reservation is a sovereign and federally recognized Indian Tribe. All proposals must include recognition that contractual agreements and work shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws and courts of the Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate. Irrespective of any language to the contrary in the RFP, subsequent agreements or elsewhere, no right to arbitration of any controversy or claim arising out of or related to the Agreement will be authorized.
A Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate Business License must be obtained on notification of awarded proposal before execution of contract.
This Agreement shall commence September ,2021 and shall expire on May 30, 2022
Scope of services
1. Facilitate of Dakota Language training session to the Sisseton Wahpeton Oyate Head Start Staff, Parents, and community members twice a month.
2. Provide training sessions which include sentence structuring for Dakota Language writing.
3. Develop and provide a detailed lesson plan for each language class
4. Any additional services requested by the Tribe to meet the goals of this Agreement
Applicants must submit the following as a part of their proposal:
1. Resume of academic and professional credentials, technical competence experience, and expertise.
2. Statement of qualifications, competence and capacity to perform the scope of the work.
3. Work plan to perform scope of work delineating deliverables, timelines, costs, roles and functions.
4. Acknowledgement that the laws, policies and courts of the Sisseton Wahpeton Oyate of the Lake Traverse shall govern proposal, contracts, and work.
5. Copy of SWO Business License
6. Itemized budget the applicant will need to perform the scope of work, including all fees and reimbursement expenses (such as supplies, travel, and overhead)
7. Incremental payment schedule that is based on completion of deliverables delineated in the work plan