SWO Requesting Sealed Proposals
Last updated 12/6/2021 at 8:39pm
Requesting sealed proposals for:
The Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate Tribal Education Department (SWO TED) is seeking a consultant to provide assistance and guidance for the Pejuhuta Maga Pilot Project. The project goals are: 1) Oversee the first crop of 12 varieties of plants for harvest from 4 gardens at Administration and 4 personal gardens from the community to utilize as natural healing herbs. 2) Establish a method for seed and seedling banking that will be available to the community to sustain the project for future years. 3) Engage community members in a monthly virtual conversation regarding the importance of grassland conservation and natural plant gathering along with monthly progress of gardens. 4) Develop a final report and assist with the qdigital storytelling of the project to be available to the community to motivate and provide documentation of the project. All goals are to be completed by September 30, 2021. Attend and report to the monthly Advisory Team planning meetings.
All sealed bids must include the following and be submitted by December 10, 2021 @ 4:00pm:
Applicants must submit the following as a part of their proposal:
1. Resume of experience, and expertise.
2. Cover letter or Statement of Intent.
3. Detailed Scope of Work plan.
4. Two signed references that highlight the applicant’s ability to perform the scope of work.
5. Itemized budget for consultant fees to be all inclusive. All started seeds are in the project budget & resources needed.
6. Incremental payment schedule that is based on completion of deliverables delineated in the work plan.
1. Abide by the laws, policies and courts of the Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate of the Lake Traverse Reservation shall govern proposal, contracts and work.
2. Copy of SWO Business License, if proposal is approved.
3. Documentation for Indian Preference, if applicable.
4. Signed W-9 form, if proposal is chosen.
Call Dr. Sherry Johnson for Questions on this project at 605-698-8298
The Tribal Education Department has the forms & guidance for the RFP
Contact the Procurement Office for specifications: [email protected]
Please submit sealed proposals to: SWO Procurement Office
Attn: Lennie Peters
PO Box 509
Agency Village, SD 57262
By 4:00 pm on Friday, December 10th, 2021
All interested parties acknowledge that any Agreement executed and performed within the Tribe’s exclusive jurisdiction is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tribal Court of Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate of the Lake Traverse Reservation. All interested parties acknowledge that they must comply with the Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate Ordinances: TERO Chapter 59 Requirements, Wage Rates & Compliance Plan; Business License Ordinance Chapter 53 and Tax Ordinance Chapter 67; and Chapter 75 Sex Offender Registration.