Requesting sealed proposals for: The Veterans Memorial Youth Department/Youth Lodge
Last updated 3/8/2022 at 11:06pm
Requesting sealed proposals for:
The Veterans Memorial Youth Department/Youth Lodge is looking to contract a mental health professional: This Individual will provide mental health services (therapy) to children ages 5 to 17 years who are under the supervision of the Youth Lodge and are enrolled students of the Veterans Memorial Youth Center (VMYC). This individual will meet with Tribal health and Child Protection Services and Youth Department/Youth Lodge staff to discuss expectations, referral process, and recordkeeping of clients.
The Consultant will provide expertise in the following:
1. Oversee the development of program assessment for the Youth Department/Youth Lodge staff:
a. Provide 1 on 1 counselling with Youth Department/Youth Lodge clients weekly/biweekly sessions
b. Provide telehealth services when inclement weather inhibits on site sessions
2. Collaborate with Youth Department/Youth Lodge staff and Tribal programs in the development of wrap around services for VMYC and Youth Lodge youth and families.
a. Provide group and 1 on 1 counselling for youth and families in crisis on a referral basis
3. Collaborate with Youth Department/Youth Lodge staff in securing positive outcomes for Youth Lodge sustainability.
4. Assessment and tracking tools will document client, family, and staff needs along with service policy changes, and performance measure outcomes. Will work closely with VMYC evaluator to determine immediate and future services for the Sisseton Wahpeton Oyate Youth and families
All sealed bids must include and be submitted by March 18, 2022:
Applicants must submit the following as part of their proposal:
1. Bio-sketch or resume of academic credentials, technical competence, experience working with grant(s) applications.
2. Statement of qualifications, competence, and capacity to perform the scope of work.
3. Minimum qualifications
a. Master’s Degree
b. Minimum 5 years’ experience working with Tribal Nation
1. Copy of SWO Business License, if proposal is approved.
2. Must be able to pass a federal background check, if approved.
Length of Contract:
Applicant must be available for a 1 year.
The Veterans Memorial Youth Center will provide payment
Contact the SWO Procurement Office for specifications: [email protected]
Please submit sealed proposals to:
SWO Procurement Office
Attn: Lennie Peters
PO BOX 509
Agency Village, SD 57262
Must be submitted by 4:00pm on Friday March 18, 2022